Your only destination to all things CARNIVAL
Kees Dieffenthaller is known jokingly in Trinidad and Tobago as the President of the Red Man Association.
With his boyish good looks and sweet vocals, the frontman for Kes the Band has proven to be a force in Caribbean music, constantly pushing the envelope to shape the sound of his music.
One of the most versatile singers in soca, Kees is known for hits such as 'Wotless', which won him the Groovy Soca Monarch title, 'People', 'Incredible', 'Ting' as well as the EDM-inspired 'Show Me Where Yuh From'.
He also sings Island Pop in the form of his popular 'Tuesday on the Rocks' and 'Combine' and has dipped his vocals in dancehall Summer anthems such as 'Endless Summer' and 'My Love' and sexy, Latin-inspired songs such as 'Body Talk' with Chris Herrero.
In 2018, Kees continued pumping out hits with the uber-popular 'Hello' on the Folklore Riddim, 'Body', 'Go Dung' with Major Lazer, 'I Shall Return' and 'Like it Like That' with Patrice Roberts.
Here are some facts you may not have known about Kees.
1) His mother is a classical singer
2) His two brothers, Jon and Hans, are part of his band
3) Prior to soca, Kees sang rock with his brothers and current band member Riad Boochoon in a band called Rydimorai.
4) In 2011, Kees teamed up with Tessanne Chin, Season 11 winner of The Voice, for the duet 'Loving You'
5) Snoop Dogg featured on the remix of Kees' 'Stress Away'